Romanian subsidies for job creators
As of March 2010, employers who hire unemployed persons benefit from a reduction in social security charges.
Starting on March 1, 2010, employers will be exempt from payment of social security charges for 6 months for hiring unemployed people for newly created positions.
In order to benefit from this measure:
- The unemployed person to be hired must have been registered at a job placement agency for a minimum of 3 months before the date of the hiring;
- The employer must hire the unemployed person for a duration for at least 12 months from the date of hire.
- The hire must not have been an employee of the employer during the 6 months preceeding the date of for the position for which the exemption is sought;
- The person must be hired for a newly created position;
- The employer must not dismiss employees for reasons other than the fault of the employee (for both new and recent employees).
Source : OUG 13/23 February 2010